Need a service or product: "Business Directory" in the Main Menu. Want to be included, click here.
For Sale or Want to Buy: "Classified Ads" in the Main Menu. Want to place a free ad, click this link.
ENTRANCES To Burnt Store Marina:
Main Gate: Open 24 hours
Vincent Ave at Golf Course: Access limited to vehicles with a barcode - Open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Vincent Ave Commercial Entrance: Commercial vehicles and vehicles with a barcode - Open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Hours change with Season. Contact Main Gate at (941) 639-8226 for more information.
Guest Gate - Automated (941) 639-0334
Local Events: There are so many activities going on all of the time. Check out the links below.
Ft Myers - Sannibel - Cape Coral - Other nearby locations: Events shown here.
Cape Coral Parks: More information here.
Are you wondering what to do with the excess supplies in your cupboards:
The Burnt Store Marina Fitness Center is collecting non-perishable items for the Charlotte County Homeless Coalition. The Fitness Center is located next to the tennis courts and on your left as you're heading toward Portobello's.
Call them to get their hours of operation at (941) 575-3260.Read More
1. Try everything once. On one woman's tombstone, she said she wanted this epitaph: "Tried everything twice. Loved it both times!"
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!"
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever... Never let the brain get idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workship." And the devil's name is Alzeheimer's!"
4. Enjoy the simple things. "Stop and smell the roses."
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him/her.
6. The tears come: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next County, to a foreign Country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at EVERY opportunity.
11. Forgive NOW those who made you cry. You might not get a second chance.
12. Remember! Lost time can never be found.
13. Wine does not make you fat... It makes you lean.... (against tables, chairs, floors, walls, and ugly people.)
14. "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - It has no point."
(Author Unknown)Read More
Due to the new construction to widen Burnt Store Road, the speed limit from just outside the front gate entry on Burnt Store Road north to just beyond Zemel Road is now 45 mph. The sheriff is already there enforcing the new speed limit.
Charlotte County Government - Community Development Engineering Status Update - as of March 24, 2014 - Burnt Store Road Phase III Construction:
Construction has begun on the four lane expansion of Burnt Store Road, Phase 3, from the Lee County Line to north of Zemel Rd.
Expect to see construction warning signs going up, survey work, installation of the 2 foot high erosion congtrol black plastic screens along the right of ways, removal of all obstruction within the right of way, including trees, shrubs, brush, buildings, landscaping, signs, etc.
Soon after the right-of-ways are cleared, the conractor will start to install all of the new utility lines along the east side of the new roadway.
During the construction period, there will be heavy equipment, construction vehicles, supplies, workers, and other construction activities adjacent to the traffic on Burnt Store Road. Some of the activities will require blocking of traffic for short periods of time. Travelers are urged to drive with caution in this area.
Estimated Project Schedule: Construction 3/10/2014 - 9/10/2015
Please keep in mind that project schedules are contingent upon many factors and are subject to change. Updates will be provided as information becomes available.Read More
Here is a reminder about dining at the Linkside Cafe.
Currently, evening dining is open to members only.
Please help us spread the word and encourage those non-members who have enjoyed the delicious dinners here at our Club to consider becoming an Activity Member. A BSGAC membership will enable them to continue enjoying the great dinners as well as all of the other wonderful events and activities which are offered.
The Linkside Café will remain open to the public for lunch and also for breakfast. Call the Administration Office if you have any questions.Read More
1. Life is sexually transmitted.
2. Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
3. Men have 2 emotions: Hungry & Amorous. You can't tell them apart. If you see a gleam in his eyes, make him a sandwich.
4. Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, or maybe years.
5. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospitals, dying of nothing.
6. All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
7. In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
8. Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers -- what you do todayk, might burn your butt tomorrow.
9. Don't worry about old age - It doesn't last that long.Read More
Ed & Faith Gibson are the owners of House Watch & More. We are full time residents of Burnt Store Marina and just a phone call away.
The pictures below show a home that was being "checked" each week. The owners had not been to the home for 3 years, and these are the results.
Tropical Storms can be brutal bringing lots of rain, high tides, and much wind. Do you have someone to check on your boat?
We do it all. You choose the services and visitation schedule. You can't put a price on "peace of mind".
Referrences offered upon request. Call us at (239) 707-5607 or send us an email to: Faith@FloridaGibson.com